Anti Hijack Training
Should you consider doing an anti-hijack course?
South Africa is infamously known as the vehicle hijack capital of the world.
In fact, statistics show that a vehicle is hijacked every 22 minutes in South Africa. Vehicle theft through armed robbery is big business, and hijacking gangs and syndicates are highly organized, often very skilled at what they do, and ruthlessly violent if challenged.
The EDA Anti-Hijack Workshop is designed to equip you with the knowledge, skills, and mindset to avoid becoming the target of hijackers - and in a crisis, to comply and disengage as safely as possible.
The EDA Corporate Anti-Hijack Workshop
Each participant is given a comprehensive digital workbook which enables them to refresh what they have learned, and to communicate key points to family members and others.
The training we offer is 100% safe, inclusive, and suited to everyone regardless of physical ability.
We' re sensitive to the fact that there may be participants in any workshop who have perhaps experienced prior trauma, and we take great care to approach our presentation from this perspective - in an encouraging, supportive manner.
Course Duration: 1 Hour
We charge a set fee of R8,470 for this workshop, up to 40 participants.
For groups larger than 40 participants in a single workshop, please contact us for a quotation.
Our standard 1-Hour Corporate Anti-Hijacking Workshop includes the following:
Common practices and techniques used by vehicle hijackers
- Syndicates and "shopping lists"
- Is your car on the wanted list? (And we're not talking about the brand)
- Numbers, tactics, and habits of hijackers
How to reduce the likelihood of becoming a target of carjackers
- Deterrent factors
- Automatic situational awareness
- Common "tells" that you're being watched or followed
- How to become unpredictable
Safe compliance and escape techniques in event of a hijacking
- Step-by-step actions in the event of being hijacked
- Simple but important rehearsal role plays
- How to deal with passenger safety and child safety
Body language, psychology, and de-escalation techniques
- Using body language and intonation to prevent escalation of force
- Understanding what hijackers' "pyramid of priorities" are - and how to use it to your advantage
- Posture, positioning, and practical steps to reduce likelihood of injury while disengaging
Dealing with in-vehicle violence or a potential abduction scenario
- Practical defensive techniques inside a vehicle
- Choosing the right opportunity to fight back or escape in the event of an accidental or deliberate abduction situation
- The element of surprise, using physics, and simple force multipliers you can use in a crisis
Please note: Our course facilitation instructors are based in Johannesburg and Cape Town. For bookings farther afield, a travel fee may be required.
Want to discuss a booking or find out more? Contact us today!