KRAV MAGA CLASSES IN EDGEMEAD l CAPE TOWN
KRAV MAGA IN EDGEMEAD | CAPE TOWN
Elite Defence Academy Edgemead a offers Krav Maga training for adults of all ages, and teens from 13 years upward. Our Krav Maga training is safe, professional, and our classes are extremely beginner-friendly and supportive.
In addition to the adult class, our Edgemead club offers a Kids Krav Maga class, which is safe and age-appropriate, designed for children from the ages of 7 to 12.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
The Krav Maga instructor at the Edgemead club in Cape Town is Warren Sullivan.
Warren's Martial Arts journey began when he was 6 years old when he started training under Karate Kai and later Karate Shotokan - and so too began a lifelong love of the martial arts.
..."What really amazed me about Elite Defence Academy International," says Warren, "is the way in which they had taken the already powerful basics of Krav Maga and evolved them to suit the South African context. That means I have peace of mind in knowing that what I teach my students is relevant and incredibly effective".
All are welcome at Warren's classes - simply book a complimentary session with Warren today. We treat all our members with the same warmth and respect whether you are an absolute beginner with no experience or a seasoned practitioner. We're all learning together in a friendly, open environment.
Learn Krav Maga with us and develop skills you never thought were possible - increase your confidence and peace of mind.
Kids Krav Maga:
Tuesday from 5:30 pm to 6:15pm
Adult Krav Maga:
Tuesdays from 6:30pm to 7:30pm.
Thursdays from 7:00pm to 8:00pm.
Saturdays from 7:30 am to 8:30am (early bird class!)
Venue: Unit 3, Southdale Business Park, Southdale Road, Edgemead, Cape Town.
VISIT A CLUB / BOOK A LOOK-IN SESSION
To visit a club for a look-in session, it's best to book a session so that we can allocate time to personally showing you what we offer, answering any questions, and generally helping you feel at home. Our culture is extremely visitor-friendly and beginner-friendly, and all are welcome.
Just dress casually, as you would to go to the gym or to take a walk. Loose, comfortable clothing is best, along with sneakers or similar footwear.
Should you decide to enrol with us, an official EDA Krav Maga T-Shirt and training pants must be purchased and worn. Should you wish to, you can order additional shirts and other apparel at any stage.
If you like what you see and would like to join us, the procedure is simple:
We provide you with an enrolment form and member agreement form, which needs to be filled in, signed, and returned.
Our member agreement form stipulates a 6-month membership, with fees paid monthly. At the end of the 6-month membership, your membership will be presumed to renew automatically unless you stipulate otherwise. Also, after the initial six months, should you need to cease training, you can do so with a month's written notice at anytime.
KIDS KRAV MAGA CLASSES
Warren teaches popular Kids Krav Maga classes in Edgemead, Cape Town for kids between the age of 7 and 12. Your kids can learn safe, age-appropriate self defence in a fun environment.
Along with having huge amounts of fun, boys and girls learn important life skills, how to defend themselves and increase their strength and physical fitness
At present, we are required by law to adhere to certain safety protocols, and we ensure that these are met. These include:
- Wearing of masks during training. (We know, it sucks, but it won't be forever.)
- Spray sanitizing of hands and shoes upon entry, and regular sanitizing of hands, forearms and equipment during training.
- Social distancing - of course, you need to work with a partner, so we ask that you try to stay with the same partner week to week if possible, to prevent intermingling, and we also distance partner pairs from each other to reduce risk via proximity.
- Each member is required to fill in a quick online Covid-19 Health Declaration prior to attending each class (link is provided to members).
- Anyone who is aware of any symptoms of illness (elevated temperature, cough, flu-type symptoms, etc) is asked to rather avoid class until they are certain that they do not pose a risk to others. (This may entail a member self-isolating for 2 weeks, or undergoing a Covid-19 test if they feel it is necessary.)
These measures may be revised or discarded as the governmental restriction status changes or as permission becomes available to do so.